Skip to main content

Snippets of November


I'm not supposed to be here now, but I just talked to Mum, 
and she was asking why hasn't she seen any photos of this and that, 
and so here I am, eagerly showing you what I did in the past month.
This blog was initially kept alive for my mum anyway, so here goes.

November is mostly about Birnbeck (my site for my Final Year Project) and some Christmas market!!
And also walking around town with the excuse of Christmas shopping, other than that it's all just snippets of daily things.


Historical Georgian architecture market x Disco ball
Cause why not.







 Take note of my coursemate in the photo which gives an idea of how huge is this jetty.







 View from my room, lying down on my bed. Literally. 


And it's true that if you can see stars at night, it means there's no cloud on the next day.
No cloud means the Sun is out, and in UK it also means cold af.

Tried Couchsurfing for the first time, and as always, blessed with wonderful people (& furkid).
Her name is Furby, and she totally changed my perspective of having a cat as a pet.


The Design Museum of London






Winter break is gonna start in 2 weeks time, but before that, final review and dissertation submission.
3000 words to fill, a film to produce, a model to make.
 And then I'm off for Christmas! Which you will know about in the next blog.

Time flies especially when I'm here. It was like last week when I first came here, 
and now I'm almost done with the first half of my final year.
I'm glad that I'm gifted with the interest in photography, 
this magical way of transforming fleeting moments into mortality.
I can always rely on them to assure myself that all these great things going on in my life is not all in my head.
When I start questioning time and what have I done with it, I'm thankful of all the photos I took so I can look back and recaptured the moments and emotions that I never want to forget.
It's not a picture that photography captured, memories and feelings are what it kept.
I came across this blogpost  by Monica Shulman about 4 reasons why we take pictures,
and they are so relatable I just have to share it.

Whenever I sit down and think about where I am now, I still feel surreal, almost like a dream.
How did I decide to come so far, and alone, and actually did.
I myself still find it so surreal, and of course thankful.
Let's keep this flashing back for next time, I really need to get back to my work now.
Till next time peeps!

Can't wait to see you, here x



Popular posts from this blog

Case Study: Shipping Container Architecture

Shipping container architecture is a form of architecture using steel intermodal containers (shipping containers) as structural element. It is also referred to as cargotecture , a portmanteau of cargo with architecture. The use of containers as a building material has grown in popularity of the past several years due to their inherent strength, wide availability, and relatively low expense. We have also started to see people build homes with containers because they are seen as more eco-friendly than traditional building materials such as brick and cement. THE KABIN While we went on a trip to Sekinchan last month, we had a chance to stay at The Kabin, a container lodge in Sekinchan. It was a new experience for us and also a pleasant one. There are basically two different type of containers used at The Kabin. Their difference are in the length of the container. The shorter ones, with length of 6m are used for rooms for  2-4 person, while the longer ones, with the lengt

感动是个什么表情

感动是个什么表情? 泪眼汪汪 说不出话这样? 据一个不可靠消息,感动就是 要笑不笑要哭不哭这样的 想象起来的话 感觉很像脸部抽筋比较多. 我发现 我没有感动这个表情 是因为不够感动 还是不知道怎么表达 我看戏听歌看视频都可以乱哭 但是如果说是惊喜还是什么 我却很少会被感动到 虽然一部分原因是90%惊喜都会给我猜中啦 撇开视频电影音乐这些 还有亲情也例外 最后一次被感动 我也不记得了 也不重要是吧. 我记得以前有个人总是喜欢乱惊喜 也不知道哪来的习惯 然后10次 有8次给我猜中 其他两次 没有猜中 却出现了面瘫的情况. 反省之后觉得好内疚 别人那么用心安排的 就算扮一下感动也好啊 然后下定决心 如果以后还有这类情况 一定要尽力配合一下 结果,真的来了 然后我发现 尼玛姐真没有感动这个表情 -.- 还是感动点太高吗. 大家都惊喜的开心的 我就是以下的表情..... 唉. FAIL BIG TIME. 加上因为是很亲的人 就连假笑都省了就这样. 所以我是有病吗我也不知道. 虽然说 对这些没有意义的东西没啥兴趣 但是 能不能来个好心人让我感受一下感动是什么感觉叻 我试试看尽量关掉第六感配合一下. 结果连这个也变得和你一样吗? 我宁愿相信我只是没有遇到让我感动的人. 晚安.